Freelance Digital Reporter – Geographical and DIVE Magazine
Geographical is one of the UK’s oldest environmental titles, with both print and digital publications. DIVE Magazine is one of the worlds largest scuba diving media organisations. We are looking for journalists who can help us take the next step within our digital team for both titles, assisting us with increased output, content creation, and delivery. We are looking for a part-time remote digital reporter to work 2-3 days per week on both news and feature content.
This position promises to be challenging yet exciting and is focused on in-depth research in the environment, nature and current affairs, and writing articles and website content while working with an experienced digital team. You will learn website and social SEO techniques while writing bylined articles.
Day to day you will:
- Produce first-class digital content for readers around the world
- Shift between breaking news stories and feature writing over the course of the day
- Interest in current affairs, politics, travel, geography preferred
- Turn around stories quickly and accurately; mindful of legal issues.
- Independently build contacts and monitor relevant topics to maintain a steady flow of original news stories
- Write in the style of Geographical and DIVE
- Interview people in a range of different circumstances
- Upload stories to the website using WordPress
- Sourcing photos from stock libraries and other relevant sources
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience of working in digital news reporting and feature writing
- An awareness of SEO, social audiences and an understanding of how to rank news features preferred
- A passion for news and current affairs around the world
- Experience working with WordPress preferred
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Available to work 2-3 days per week
To apply please send your CV, examples of your published work, day rate and a cover letter to [email protected]