Studying Geography and Environment at Hertfordshire will give you an in-depth appreciation of our rapidly-changing world, enabling you to answer the who, what, where and why of today's pressing societal and environmental questions. Not only will this equip you with the knowledge and skills to assess the impact of the past on our present society and environment, but it will better prepare you to understand and address pivotal future societal and environmental challenges.
Geography and Environment students at Herts have access to a host of modern facilities including:
- GIS computing facilities with access to online mapping resources and software packages including ESRI ArcMap, QGIS and ENVI.
- Geosciences laboratory with specialist equipment for the testing of rocks and sediments
- Physical geography laboratory with a full suite of UK Geological Maps and samples of all the major igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rock types.
- Bayfordbury field station with plant growth facilities and over 50 types of habitats for study and research.
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Management and Ecology
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- BSc (Hons) Human Geography
- BSc (Hons) Physical Geography
- Opportunity to travel on exciting UK and overseas residential field courses in Year 1 and Year 2 with no additional fees
- Extra-curricular activities include supporting our Bayfordbury field station and helping academics with fieldwork in locations such as Iceland, Switzerland and the High Arctic
- Close links with local and national employers and environmental groups.
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Environmental Management for Agriculture
- MSc Sustainable Planning
- MSc Sustainable Planning and Environmental Management
- MSc Sustainable Planning and Transport
- MSc Water and Environmental Management
We also offer a range of geography and environment short courses. These cover a wide range of subject areas, including environmental pollution control, ecology and conservation, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), sustainable energy and transport data analysis.
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR FRIENDLY ADMISSIONS TEAM
Email: [email protected]