• Borders four other countries, totalling 4,220km.
• Over half the population is under the age of 25.
• The name is derived from a local dialect word meaning ‘vast place’.
• Exports of resources such as diamonds and uranium are central to the national economy.
• Was the first country in the world to incorporate the protection of the environment into its constitution.
Get the best of Geographical delivered straight to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter and get a free collection of eBooks!