Geographical has teamed up with Universal Studios to give FIVE lucky readers the chance to win an amazing Everest goodie bag. These are no ordinary bags filled with a few branded pens and out-of-date candy either. Each bag contains a chunky, fur-lined hoodie, a long-sleeved performance T-shirt, and a super thick Everest beanie.
For those of you who have not seen the film or read our review, Everest is inspired by the incredible events surrounding an attempt to reach the summit of the world’s highest mountain. The film documents the awe-inspiring journey of two different expeditions challenged beyond their limits by one of the fiercest snowstorms ever encountered by mankind.
Their mettle tested by the harshest elements found on the planet, the climbers face nearly impossible obstacles as a lifelong obsession becomes a breathtaking struggle for survival.
The epic adventure stars Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly, Sam Worthington, Keira Knightley, Emily Watson and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Everest is in UK cinemas from 18 September 2015.
SO HOW DO YOU ENTER?
To be in with a chance of winning one of the FIVE goodie bags simply email the answers to the questions below to [email protected] before 27 October. Please put your postal address in the email in case you win (we only use this for winning entries – not for marketing).
QUESTION 1: After which British surveyor is Mount Everest named?
QUESTION 2: In which year did the first female climber reach the summit?
QUESTION 3: If no one summits Mount Everest in 2015, this will be the first time this has happened in how many years?
CLICK HERE to send in your answers to Geographical. The FIVE winners will be selected at random after the closing date and winners will be notified by email after the 1 November 2015. See the Everest-specific terms and conditions below and our standard competition terms and conditions here.
• The competition is open to UK residents only.
• This competition is not open to employees of Geographical or Universal Studios UK or associated agents of those companies.
• Offer is non-transferrable and no cash equivalent will be given.
• The competition is open until 27 October 2015
• 5 x winners will each receive an Everest merchandise pack
• In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
• Prizes will be sent to the winner within four-weeks of the competition closure date.
• The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the prize winner.
• Prize can only be claimed when the above 3 questions have been answered correctly.
• If the winner fails to respond within 48 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be contacted.
• By entering the competition, the winners give consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.