Developing leaders for the future no longer means business as usual. As businesses and organisations face complex social and environmental challenges they look more acutely for people who can lead change effectively. The University of Cumbria draws on its tradition of transformative, experiential education to deliver radical, innovative approaches to addressing the social and environmental challenges of a sustainable future.
Our programmes are highly flexible. Multiple options are built around five-day residential courses in the Lake District, complemented by interactive online teaching.
UNIVERSITY of CUMBRIA
The University of Cumbria is a key provider of higher education in the North West of England. The University recruits nationally and internationally and has over 9,000 students enrolled on courses from level three through to PhD study.
Established in 2007, the University’s vision is to be a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial university, with strong regional, national and international connections. Our work is focused on the professions and is both business relevant and research informed.
The Institute for Leadership and Sustainability (IFLAS), with its postgraduate degrees, research programmes, inspiring events and global networks is emerging as a global hub of inquiry, teaching, and dialogue, supporting a new generation of sustainability leaders.
At IFLAS we believe that learning can be a beautiful and inspiring experience, helping us to find new direction, energy and professional companions.
We offer post-graduate qualifications in the fields of leadership and sustainability, designed for executives to study while working. Executives from over 100 countries have attended our intensive residential courses in Britain’s beautiful Lake District.
- Enhance your approach to personal, organisational and societal sustainability.
- Includes two one-week residential modules and one independent study module delivered by IFLAS, our prestigious Institute for Leadership and Sustainability at Ambleside
- A highly inter-disciplinary exploration of both sustainability and leadership
- A flexible programme that can fit around your working life. Includes five week-long residential modules delivered by IFLAS
You can also join us on stand-alone Certificates of Achievement which commit you to no further study
In addition to these opportunities you may like to check out our Doctoral Programme. Our main research themes are Leading Transition, Resourcing Transition and Scaling Transition.
IFLAS Contact details
Telephone: +44 (0) 15394 30228
The University of Cumbria is the largest provider of Outdoor Studies degrees in the UK and in Europe, and has links with numerous outdoor organisations together with partnerships with national organisations in the field. Academics are experts in the field (staff biographies and selected research outputs attached as separate documents) and students have the chance to get involved in a wide range of practical activities and to plan their own expeditions and projects.
- Study on this two-year, full-time international programme with students from across the world at our Lake District campus, at the Norwegian School of Sport Science, Oslo and Marburg University, Germany
- International course exploring human nature relations and education
- For teachers, youth workers, social workers and those specialising in outdoor education
- Harness the power of adventure and environmental experiences in your work