1. Historically formed by the coming together of four different tribes.
2. Total land area is around half the size of Nicaragua.
3. Borders four countries, and has a 498km coastline.
4. The white wagtail is a national symbol.
5. Around one third of the two million population live in the capital city
This was published in the July 2019 edition of Geographical magazine
Get the best of Geographical delivered straight to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter and get a free collection of eBooks!