1. Land area is double the size of Tanzania.
2. A quarter of the population is under the age of 14.
3. More than ten million people live in the capital city.
4. National colours are red and white, and independence is celebrated on 17 August.
5. Home to the largest Muslim population in the world.
The first five correct entries drawn win a Cicerone guide of their choice (please state preference on entry).
For a list of all Cicerone's guides, visit cicerone.co.uk. Use the code ‘GEOGRAPHICAL’ to get a 25 per cent discount on any Cicerone guide purchased.
This was published in the November 2017 edition of Geographical magazine.