1. The land area is one per cent the size of Estonia.
2. It gained independence in 1976.
3. The capital is home to 26,000 people.
4. It has three official languages, including English and French.
5. Its territory includes 115 islands, including the second largest atoll in the world.
The first five correct entries drawn win a Cicerone guide of their choice (please state your preference on entry).
For a list of all Cicerone’s guides, visit www.cicerone.co.uk. Use the code ‘GEOGRAPHICAL’ to get a 25 per cent discount on any Cicerone guide purchased.
This was published in the June 2017 edition of Geographical magazine.