1. It was a British colony for almost a century.
2. Approximately 110 of the 332 islands are inhabited.
3. Population growth rate is a third that of Kenya.
4. Approximately 55 per cent of the land is forested.
5. Life expectancy is equal to that of Belarus, Indonesia and Egypt.
The first five correct entries drawn win a Cicerone guide of their choice (please state your preference on entry).
For a list of all Cicerone’s guides, visit www.cicerone.co.uk. Use the code ‘GEOGRAPHICAL’ to get a 25 per cent discount on any Cicerone guide purchased.
This was published in the March 2017 edition of Geographical magazine.